Homs, SANA – Following efforts by national reconciliation committees in Homs, 17 year-old Ahmad Adnan Hamdan who had been abducted by terrorists two months ago was released on Sunday.
Hamdan was abducted when he was heading to a state department in al-Waer neighborhood in Homs to finish paperwork for taking the highschool certificate exam.
Homs Governor Talal al-Barazi said that the youth was released following stringent efforts by reconciliation committees, locals, and the authorities, and that this represents the first step in resolving the issue of abductees.
He also said that the government is working hard to keep the situation in al-Waer neighborhood calm in order to carry out a large-scale reconciliation, though these efforts face occasional difficulties caused by the inflexibility of armed groups.
Hamdan’s family thanked the reconciliation committees and all those who helped return their son, hoping that all abductees will return to their families.
Upon his release, Hamdan was received by the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) branch in Homs, where he received the medical and psychological care, revealing that the youth’s psychological and health conditions are very bad, and that his body showed signs of torture.