Higher Relief Committee discusses 2016 humanitarian response plan priorities

Damascus, SANA – The Higher Committee for Relief discussed on Wednesday the 2016 humanitarian response plan and measures to ensure the highest level of competence in delivering relief and humanitarian assistance.

Chaired by Deputy Prime Minister for Service Affairs, Minister of Local Administration, Omar Ghalawanji, the Committee stressed that aid should reach all the beneficiaries in all the provinces without politicization or discrimination.

Higher Committee for Relief-humanitarian-response-plan 1

Ghalawanji highlighted the importance that all the ministries and government parties concerned keep the Foreign and Expatriates Ministry updated with all proposed priorities and projects in their contribution to realizing the goals of the response plan.

He said the 2016 response plan must keep up with the priorities set by the government, whose strategic goal in the coming stage will be to ensure the return of displaced people to the areas to which the army restored security and stability.

To help achieve that goal, he added, the plan should focus on projects related to building prefab housing units and rehabilitating and fixing damaged buildings and infrastructure in the residential areas.

Ghalawanji noted that next year plan should contribute to reviving the local economic cycle in cities and towns to empower the locals to make their living through providing loans and requirements and technical and vocational training courses.

The Syrian government provides 80 % of aid, while the remaining 20 % is provided by the international organizations.

H. Said

Check Also

Syria and Chile discuss means of scientific and cultural cooperation

Damascus, SANA- Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Dr. Bassam Ibrahim, and Dr. Jose …