Damascus, SANA- The Syrian and Russian Coordination Committees on Return of Displaced Syrians announced that the US has hindered a plan for the evacuation of civilians from al-Rukban Camp as it didn’t implement its obligations in this regard which makes hundreds of the camp’s residents besieged in the camp under harsh circumstances which threaten the lives of many of them.
The committees said in a joint statement said on Tuesday that ” due to the fact that the US side didn’t abide by its obligation, the implementation of that stage of evacuating civilians from al-Rukban Camp was hindered as on Sunday, 336 persons arrived in Jlaighem corridor instead of two thousand citizens who wanted to leave the camp,” and to return back to their areas which had been liberated from terrorism.
The two committees called upon the US side to immediately withdraw from the Syrian territories which it occupies and to stop hindering the efforts exerted by the Syrian government for making the work of the constitutional committee successful and for eradicating terrorism from the area.
Since the year 2014, 50 thousand Syrian citizens have been residing in al-Rukban Camp which extends over an area of 7 km in al-Tanf area on the Syrian-Jordanian borders. The Syrian state in cooperation with Russia and the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) have secured the exit of more than 29 thousand civilians from the camp after preparing the required temporary housing shelters for receiving them.